thechristined

Les Misérables
Victor Hugo
The Complete Fairy Tales
Hans Christian Andersen, Hans Richter, Lily Owens, Arthur Rackham

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The Art and Creation of Walt Disney's Classic Animated Film - J.B. Kaufman, Mariah Bear When I first found out about this book celebrating the 75th anniversary of Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I knew I had to have it because the movie has a very special place in my Disney fangirl heart. As an avid Disney (and animation) fan, and the granddaughter of a woman who loved all things Dopey from the first time she saw the movie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The Art and Creation of Walt Disney's Classic Animated Film does not disappoint. The book takes you from the very beginning when Walt decided he wanted to make the film and what influenced the form the story took, all the way to when it was released and even beyond. Along the way you learn which animators had large parts to play in bringing it to the screen, methods they used, and scenes and visual gags that weren't included. The artwork does a good job of telling the story all on its own, from the different designs for Snow White to comparative drawings of the Queen and her alter-ego, the Witch.

If any plans arise to release similar books for Walt Disney's other animated features, I will be one of the first in line to purchase them.